A key benefit of HVPA membership is being a part of a network that carries the collective representation of over 400 physicians. Network-based contracting consists of HVPA entering into binding health plan provider agreements on behalf of its members. By signing the HVPA Participating Provider Agreement (PPA), you agree to participate in all plans deemed mandatory by the HVPA Board of Directors. The Board believes that network-based contracting is an important element in achieving clinical integration among independent physicians.
Benefits of Network-Based Contracting
- Improves delivery of patient care
- Improves the ability of its members to provide input on payers’ risk-based contracts regarding the amount of risk that is taken and whether the reward offered is commensurate
- Increases efficiencies and reduces costs
- Enhances HVPA’s ability to create contracting opportunities for smaller medical groups and sole practitioners
- Allows members and their medical groups to have direct input in the risk contracting process through specialty representatives
HVPA Network Contracts
- Blue Care Network (BCN)
- Blue Care Network Advantage
Messenger Model Contracting
HVPA offers contracts with some health plans through a messenger model arrangement. This means HVPA will facilitate credentialing and participation with the plan the same as with our network contracts, however participation is not mandatory.
HVPA Messenger Model Contracts
- Blue Cross Complete (Medicaid)
- Meridian Health Plan (Medicaid)
- Molina Health Plan (Medicaid)
McAuley Health Partners
McAuley Health Partners (MHP) represents the partnership between HVPA, IHA and St. Joseph Mercy Health System. MHP holds the following health contracts, in which participation is mandatory for those physicians who are in MHP:
- HAP HMO
- Physicians Health Plan
- Priority Health
- Medicare Advantage
Southeast Michigan Clinically Integrated Network
The Southeast Michigan Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) holds three contracts that HVPA Members can participate in.
Participation in the CIN and in these plans is optional.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Trinity Health Colleague Health Plan
- Priority Health Narrow Network (individual market exchange)