Huron Valley Physicians Association, P.C. (HVPA) was incorporated in 1983 as an Independent Physician Association (IPA) and has approximately 375 physician members located in Washtenaw, Livingston, Lenawee, and Western Wayne counties. Roughly 15% of its members are primary care physicians and 85% are specialists. The majority of its members are affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS), a member of the Trinity Health System with locations in Ann Arbor, Brighton, Chelsea, and Saline
HVPA supports its members in the following areas:
- Practice operational support for credentialing, patient satisfaction surveys and monthly regulatory compliance training
- Physician incentive programs with payers such as Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PGIP, Priority Health, HAP and Blue Care Network
- Enrollment and support of practices in accountable care organizations, clinically integrated networks, and government demonstration programs such as SIM, CPC+ and local behavioral health Initiatives (including telemedicine support)
- Provide IT tools and data reporting with our own disease registry and data warehouse, subsidies of IT license expenses and practice management system interfaces
- Subsidy for Michigan State Medical Society and county medical society annual dues. Includes free CME/CEU seminars for physicians and their staff members
- Sponsorship of annual malpractice insurance educational seminar that provide discounts for members with ProAssurance Casualty Company
Practice coaching by HVPA staff to support population health panel management and LEAN operational workflows
- Extend discounts for services through vendor partnerships including office supplies, medical supplies, staffing and others
- Educational seminars sponsored to promote customer service, compliance, billing and coding, technology issues and labor law
HVPA has been recognized as one of the highest performing physician groups in the State and among our payer community. HVPA specialty physicians also rank in the top one-third by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in the areas of cost, quality, and utilization compared to other physician organizations in Michigan. In addition, our growth in pharmacy expenditures has been at or below the national average.
Huron Valley Physicians Association is committed to supporting and preserving independent physician practices in our community.